Volunteer with us
Volunteering with Curious Motion is a rewarding and uplifting experience where you can nourish your own wellbeing and play a part in supporting others to live healthy and happy lives.
Stories in Motion Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to support us with the general running and setup/ close of our children’s programme – Stories in Motion.
Curious Motion has a fast-growing programme of dance, movement, and creative classes and workshops taking place regularly in Elland in various community venues. We are at the beginning of a three-year project that is focused on embedding our activities in the area to tackle chronic loneliness and make excellent arts and health activity accessible to more people in the lower valley, and our regular programme is a key part of this.
Key tasks include:
- Helping set up the room/ space. This includes moving tables and/ or chairs.
- Welcoming participants and helping create a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive atmosphere.
- Preparing and tidying up refreshments.
- Helping the class practitioner/ artist – for example, handing out sensory props or equipment.
- Helping to ensure the safety of everyone involved – cleaning up spillages, generally keeping an eye out for any potential hazards, ensuring children are accompanied by their parents/ carers, etc.
Stories in Motion runs on Thursdays, 4pm – 4.45pm at Elland Library. Classes run in blocks of 5 weeks. You can find the current dates here. Volunteers are required from 3.30pm until 5.15pm.
We are particularly looking for volunteers who can attend regularly as much as possible. We need one volunteer at each session, but this could be shared between a few people.
For further information please contact Samantha McCormick on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07740 366365